Heavy Vehicle Supervisor 26/01/2017
- Job Reference Number:
- LocationPangia, Southern Highlands Province
- Job Typepermanent
- Responsible for the Maintenance of all the Company’s Heavy Vehicles including Trucks, Trailers and associated equipment located at various workshops at the projects sites.
- The incumbent is to ensure that all machines are operating mechanically safely and efficiently.
- To effectively oversee repairs to a standard that delivers high availability & reliability as per Quality System & optional requirements for Company, including the Maintenance Department Golden Rules.
- Be hands on when required.
- To effectively manage the ordering of parts and allocate parts to the correct jobs.
Key Selection Criteria: Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in supervising and managing trade qualified mechanics, preferably as a Heavy Equipment Fitter, working on a wide range of equipment, preferably in PNG or the developing world;
- Trade qualification in Cert III from APTC is preferred.
- Trade qualifications Specialist experience with Heavy Vehicles (Hino, DAF, Sino, Kenworth etc) and associated equipment;
- At least 10 years trade experience, preferably in a mining, crushing or road construction environment;
- Demonstrated ability to train, guide and mentor PNG Citizens;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to negotiate maintenance priorities, timelines and budget with senior operations personnel;
- Minimum Class 4 PNG Driver’s license and desirable Class 6 PNG Drivers license;
- Demonstrated commitment to Quality, Safety, and Equal Employment Opportunity;
- Computer literate in MS Suite and Computer Maintenance Management System (Fleetmate) CMMS;
- Ability to speak Tok Pisin would be a definite advantage.
Closing Date : 03.02.2017